No products in the cart.
Privacy & Security
COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC is a “Data Controller”, a legal term which means we make decisions regarding how and why we collect and use your Personal Information. As the “Data Controller”, we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes for which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. We are also responsible for ensuring that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as “Data Processors”, also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the Computer Outlet Electronic Website Terms and Conditions.
- Purpose of this policy
This Policy covers COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC and its affiliated Partners. It explains the Legal Basis that COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC has in processing your Personal Information, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about “Personal Information”, we are referring to any information that relates to you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc.
When we talk about the COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC Platform we mean the COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC websites, and COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC mobile application.
- The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information directly from you and from any devices, including mobile devices, that you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us with information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
- Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Account Registration: Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Purchases: Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) may be collected as well.
- Communicating with Us: You may also provide us with additional information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Events: You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event on our website or in our store.
- Authentication: Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC does not collect credit card or other financial information from you; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion, for some international customers COMPUTER OUTLET ELECTRONIC will require bank account information.
- Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Advertising: We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Advertising Analytics: Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
- Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
- Marketing: On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and, rarely, mailing addresses.
- How We Protect Your Information
We implement and maintain appropriate technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, or misuse. We evaluate and update these measures on an ongoing basis and ensure reasonable security measures are deployed consistent with industry standards. However, no Personal Information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you or for as long as legally required. When deciding how long to keep your Personal Information after our relationship with you has ended, we consider our legal and regulatory obligations and internal Personal Information management policies. For example, we may retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims or where required by law. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these security measures and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees.